Primary Care Health Care Assistant locum shifts in GP surgery in Beckenham.
Earn £11.75 - £18 per hour (including holiday pay), and work only the days and hours that suit you.
Are you looking to expand your experience and add to your portfolio? Do you want to maximise your earnings? And take control of your own work rota?
This vacancy provides the opportunity to do just that.
A GP surgery in Beckenham are looking for an experienced GP surgery Healthcare Assistant, to join them on a locum basis.
As locum member of the team, you would take shifts at their centre, and within your clinics you'd undertake treatment room skills such as Phlebotomy, NHS & New Patient Checks, Immunisations (Pneumonia, B12s, Shingles), Assist with minor surgery, dressings, ECGs, INRs, Blood pressure taking, Health and Weight Checks, Flu Vaccinations etc.
You would be picking up where the last HCA left off, and so being experienced in the role is essential as you need to be confident independently undertaking a clinic. You will be supported by the reception team and the other clinicians on site.
It is essential that you have or are currently working as a Healthcare Assistant in a clinical treatment room. To be considered for this position you must have previous experience in a General Practice setting and be confident undertaking the following;
- Blood Pressure taking
- NHS & new patient checks
- Health and weight checks
- Working to PSD's
It would also be an advantage to have some of the following skills;
- Flu Vaccinations
- Smoking Cessation
- Ear Irrigation
- Immunisations; Pneumonia, B12's, Shingles.
- INR/Warfarin clinics
Please note that candidates without relevant experience in a GP setting specifically cannot be considered for this position.
Rest assured that before you commence locum work with them, the centre will;
- Provide a thorough induction
- Ensure PSDs are available for you to review and sign ahead of starting work
- Set you up on their system with appropriate access rights
- Provide all required equipment for each clinic
- Via Chase Medical support PAYE, Umbrella or Ltd Company payment options (monthly payroll)
You just need to arrive, in your usual uniform, and everything will be ready for you.
You will also have the following benefits:
- High rates of pay (£11.75 - £18 per hour, including holiday pay)
- Flexibility (no minimum number of hours required, you can take as little or as many shifts as you'd like, as and when you are available)
- Independence (you control when you work, and you don't need to be involved in any internal politics)
- CPD opportunities (locum work stands out your CV and evidences your competency)
- Make professional connections in your area (be the first to know of training opportunities and vacancies, and grow your NHS network)
To apply, and for more information, please submit your CV or call in to Chase Medical and ask for Elizabeth Lord.
Who are Chase Medical?
We are the leading Primary Care agency, who specialise in providing work for HCA's, Practice Nurses and Nurse Practitioners. We currently work with 1/3 GP surgeries in the UK and can connect you with local opportunities, as well as those across the UK.
If you know of anyone interested in this opportunity, or a Practice Nurse or Nurse Practitioner looking for work in your area (or in London generally), let us know. We offer up to £500 for a successful referral, as a big thank you from us!
We reserve the right to halt applications after a certain number have been received, so pleased send in your CV as soon as possible to ensure you can be considered.