Community Matron position in Southampton, linked to GP surgery. Earn £38.50 - £62 per hour, including holiday pay.
A GP surgery in Southampton, is looking for an experienced clinician to assist their centre in providing Primary Care services to house bound patients in their community.
You would undertake Home Visits for the practice.
Duties would include;
- Assessment and examination of all the systems of the body
- Diagnosis and treatment of Minor Illness and Minor Injury
- Monitoring and recording of patient's observation such as B.P, temperature, H.R, CVP, Respiration, ETCO2, etc
- Complex assessment of care needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of programme of care.
- Prescribing and administrating medications to patients safely in accordance to the medicine policy.
- Management of patients with long term conditions and/or complex conditions, to allow patients to remain in their homes and prevent unnecessary admission to hospital.
- Safeguarding of vulnerable young people and adults.
- Identification and management of risk to patients.
Training and Qualifications required:
- V300 Independent Prescribing
- Physical and neuro assessment training
- Minor Illness diagnostics training
- Adult and Paediatric Life support training
- Safeguarding children and adults training
- Nursing Degree/Diploma
Requirements of role:
This is a locum position, so you can pick and choose the dates and times of sessions, to suit you and your schedule. You can take as little or as many shifts per week/month as you like.
This position is available from April, currently booking in June, with subsequent sessions throughout the rest of the year highly likely (sessions are booked up to 3 months ahead of time).
You would earn £38.50 - £62 per hour, including holiday pay, and payment would be sent to you monthly from Chase Medical.
Who are Chase Medical?
Chase Medical are a recruitment agency with great reputation for matching great candidates with new and enjoyable roles, both on a locum basis and permanent positions.
They specialise in Primary Care, so all the work offered comes through from GP surgeries, UCCs, WICs, OOHs and Community Teams. Once registered, you would be able to access this opportunity in Southampton, and many other locum and permanent vacancies both locally and across the UK.
It is free and easy to join Chase, and you gain expert representation and consultants who can organise your work placements for you and grow your professional connections to expand the possibilities available to you, to further your career.
How to apply?
Simply submit your CV or email Elizabeth.Lord@chase-medical.com .
For an informal chat about this post, or other opportunities Chase Medical can offer you, call 0114 275 7421 and ask for Elizabeth Lord.
Know someone else who would be interested?
We work with Practice Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Independent Pharmacist Prescribers, District Nurses, Community Matrons, Paramedics, Emergency Nurse Practitioners and many other clinical staff.
If you have a friend or colleague looking for work let us know! We can definitely help them, and you would receive up to £500 per successful referral! Go to our website to refer - www.chase-medical.com
I look forward to hearing from you.