If you're looking for a change of direction in your medical career, or simply some additional hours to supplement your current role, then look no further!
I'm delighted to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent team in Hampshire (PO15 area), for Clinical Advisors, to cover their OOHs service. The position is open to all levels of staff, who are of the following professions:
The role is offered at a rate of £17.94 per hour (although negotiable, dependent on your experience), and offers attractive employee benefits to accompany this. hours can be very flexible, over weekends and evenings only.
Within the role, you will be accountable for assessing incoming callers presenting a spectrum of complex symptoms and conditions, and you will be responsible for providing advice, information and home care management. Some cases will require you to refer onwards as appropriate, requiring you to use clinical decision making, with patient safety at the forefront of your mind, and may involve very distressed patients/carers.
As part of the 111 structure, you will be supported with diagnostic software to help with the more complex conditions you assess, however you will use our own professional skills, knowledge and experience to offer the most appropriate course of action, to meet immediate heath needs.
Where necessary, you will be able to obtain help from an alternative clinician, who is appropriately qualified to offer extended advice and medical opinions. The organisation takes great pride in the support it offers to its staff, so if this role sounds like the challenge you need, or the new direction you desire; it's definitely worth taking the plunge!
To be considered for the role, here's what you'll need:
- Registration with the NMC/HCPC or other appropriate professional healthcare board (essential)
- Pathways training (essential)
- 3 years post-qualification (in relevant field) (essential)
- Experience of working in one or more of the following settings: Primary Care; Ambulance Service; Community; OOH; NHS 111; other urgent care services (essential)
- Understanding of/or experience in call handling/telephone triage roles (desirable)
- Minor illness qualification or similar (desirable)
- Teaching and/or Mentorship qualification (desirable)
- Experience of Chronic Conditions Management (desirable)
- Good clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis and management of acute Primary care presentations (desirable)
If you would like to apply for this job, CLICK APPLY to send your CV direct to us.
Otherwise, please call 0114 275 7421 for more info, or a confidential chat, and ask for Shaney.
What can you expect by joining Chase Medical?
- Expert advice on anything Primary Care related, market trends, progression and CPD etc.
- One-to-one Interview Coaching for permanent applications
- Excellent rates of pay for locum shifts and we also negotiate salary on your behalf to secure you that pay rise you deserve!
- We also offer CASH REWARDS for referrals - so please do let any friends or colleagues know if they'd be suited to this role!